KAAMP @ KRTC Rochester
KAAMP which stands for Kids Arts & Academics Mentorship Programme, is a one-stop learning hub that combines an Academic Prep-School and an Arts Talent-Grooming program which offers a convenient and seamless connection to learning through a dedicated development path at a pre-school level.
All kids are gifted; they just need someone to believe in them.
The holistic combination of an Arts education together with Academic fields aim to positively shape the way your child makes important decisions in life so they are better able to pick out their strengths and interests at an early age. Whether they show early talent in the Arts, or a flair for Academic, this is the place where both their Artistic and Academic potential can best be realised.
Besides preparing your child academically, KAAMP aims to identify and recognise areas in which your child displays advanced abilities and talents with plans to groom them at a more advanced level in the future.
At KAAMP, children will be exposed to activities that will allow them to discover the Arts and the Academic in a dynamic and vibrant learning environment that will prepare them with the skills they need to function in our diverse society and nourishes their potential for a lifetime.
KAAMP Academic Programme
KAAMP academic programme mirrors the MOE System in Singapore to support school readiness that includes early literacy & numeracy.
English & Chinese
Oral - Listen,speak & respond through Speech & Drama classes.
Pronunciation - Word recognition with phonics(English) and 'han yu pin yin'
Vocabulary - Development of Word Power, the meanings and usage of words.
Grammar - Sentence construction, tenses, verbs and more.
Comprehension - Acquire content effectively & process information smarter with speed-reading skills.
• Development of arithmetic skills, speed & accuracy
• Mental arithmetic session to aid in mental calculations through conventional calculation methods
• Sharpen your child’s logical mind through the systematic development of reasoning skills, analytical ability and critical thinking
• Create the foundational support in the understanding of scientific theories in the future
Through fun & games, we impart 4 core values (Spend, Save, Earn & Share) of Finance Literacy to the children through our specially designed crafted activities.
KAAMP Talent Grooming Programme
Exposure to a medley of multi-disciplinary Arts where freedom of expression is encouraged & individualism is fostered.
Baking & Culinary Arts
• Incorporation of numeracy skills such as fractions, unit of time
• Improve Vocabulary and Comprehension skills through the reading and understanding of recipes
• Foster organizational skills & instill good time management skills
• Developing a true appreciation of the Art form
Arts & Craft
Elements of Art – Line, shape, texture, value, colour, space as visual tools
Principles of Design – Aesthetic harmony, variety and contrast, movement, balance
Artistic Styles – Exposure, creation and appreciation of Artist styles
Exploratory work – Children are free to explore, allowing them the freedom to invent, create and find new ways to do things.
Dance & Fitness
Expressing - Promote a ‘thinking body’ (bodythink) as a personal instrument of expression
Refining - Emphasize the artful use of the dance elements to improve posture, form & feelings evoked with movements.
Educating - Association of proper dance terms with movements during lessons.
Showmanship - Develop children’s stage presence & confidence.
Music & Singing
• Develop a basic understanding of Music Theory.
Why do parents choose KAAMP?
• Cultivate a sense of mind rhythm and imagination.
• Children will be exposed to a world of music that encompasses different styles, sounds, cultures, instruments & various innovative ways of combining vocals with music.
• Develop an appreciation for the art form.